-Green meetings at the Austria Center Vienna
From large-scale conferences with 22,800 participants to gala events – certification is a clear statement of commitment to organising an event in a financially, environmentally and socially responsible way. We are here to advise and support you while you plan your event, and even provide free green meeting or green event certification in compliance with the Austrian Ecolabel.
-Make sure your events have that feelgood factor
There are mandatory criteria to be met in 9 different areas, as well as numerous optional points to help you achieve certification. Depending on the event, you need to accumulate between 32 and 55 points to achieve certification. You will automatically be awarded 27 points in the ‘venue’ category simply by hosting your event at the Austria Center Vienna.
Green meetings-The main criteria for a green meeting
Information and contractual obligation of all exhibitors and stand assembly:
- Environmental standards
- correct waste separation
- Use of disposable cutlery, crockery and recyclable materials
- Not using disposable crockery, cans or coffee capsules, or disposable packaging for giveaways
- Only using eco-certified paper when printed materials are necessary
- Keeping printed materials to an absolute minimum
- Reduction of giveaways in the exhibition area
- Contractually obliging all exhibitors and stand assembly partners to adhere to environmental requirements and providing them with information about their obligations
- Environmentally friendly exhibition assembly
You can do this by using reusable components, recyclable materials, dispensing with PVC and using energy-saving lighting systems