Recreation and Leisure
An international conference centre in the heart of contemporary Vienna
Home to several international organisations and companies, Vienna’s Donaustadt district is one of the most cosmopolitan and modern parts of the city. It is surrounded by a number of recreation areas, including the Donaupark, the Neue Donau and Alte Donau, the hugely popular Danube Island, and the wide-open green spaces around the Kaiserwasser, an arm of the Danube. All of these locations are ideal spots for a lunchtime stroll, and offer a host of leisure options, especially during the summer months.
Donaustadt – a thriving district
The first building to appear in the new Donaustadt district was the Vienna International Centre – the location of the United Nations’ Vienna office – and this was followed a few years later by the Austria Center Vienna, the country’s largest conference centre.
More and more skyscrapers have shot up in the area over the past few years. 2010 saw the groundbreaking ceremony for the 220-metre DC Tower 1, which is set to become Austria’s tallest building when it is completed. It is also a striking expression of Vienna’s innovative spirit. These new buildings are unmistakeable features of the capital’s contemporary skyline.
Walking distances to local amenities
- Taxi rank: 2 minutes
- Nearest supermarket (Billa): 2 minutes
- Nearest banks (Raiffeisen in the Andromeda Tower, Santander and UniCredit): 2 minutes
- Kaisermühlen underground station: 3 minutes
- nearest pharmacy: 5 minutes (Andromeda-Apotheke)
- Hotel Meliá Vienna: 3 minutes
- Hotel Arcotel Kaiserwasser: 5 minutes
- Hotel NH Danube City and Park Inn by Radisson UNO City Vienna: 10 minutes
For leisure time
- Vienna International Centre entrance: 6 minutes
- Danube Tower: 10 minutes
- Donauinsel: 10 minutes