From 2015 visitors to the ACV can take a virtual tour of Vienna that gives a fascinating insight into some of the architectural gems from the city’s imperial past. Traditional Viennese coffee, a slice of delicious Sachertorte and classical music from some of capital’s best-known composers offer a taste of Vienna’s unique charm.
And if that’s enough to whet your appetite, we will be pleased to book a place for you on one of our many sightseeing tours.
- Schönbrunn Palace: step back in time to the days of the Habsburg empire
- Horse-drawn carriage tour: take in the magnificent buildings on the Ringstrasse boulevard, as well as the Spanish Riding School
- Danube tour: take to the Alte Donau on an electric boat or see Vienna from a different angle on the viewing deck of the Danube Tower
- Naschmarkt: Vienna’s culinary hotspot
- Culinary tour of Vienna’s coffeehouses
- Prater tour: take a ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel and relax at the famous Schweizerhaus
- Wine tavern tour: experience Vienna of old in the heart of the vineyards
- UN Headquarters tour: guided tour given
of Vienna International Centre
Did you know that...
Vienna’s historic city centre is a UNESCO world cultural heritage site? St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the Hofburg rank alongside some of the most famous cultural and natural attractions on the planet.
The old town’s unmistakeable imperial flair also comes courtesy of its countless churches and mansion houses, Vienna’s unique cuisine and the evocative stores of former purveyors to the imperial court.
Culture and music
Vienna is the world capital of music. The Vienna Philharmonic and the Vienna Boys’ Choir set the international tone, while the State Opera House and the Golden Hall at the Musikverein are among the world’s leading venues. And how could we forget household names like Strauss, Mozart, Beethoven and Schubert?
Download tip: Free download: culture app
This app is a real Aladdin’s cave for fans of art and culture. It contains up-to-the-minute information on cultural events, with details of all the exhibitions, concerts, theatre performances and opera billings for the next seven days in the capital.
- Ticket reservations via the app
- Save event dates in your calendar
- Navigate to museums and event venues