Did you know that on average, 204 kg of carbon dioxide emissions, 5.5 kg of waste paper, 3.5 kg of non-recyclable waste are generated and 151 litres of water are used per conference delegate, per day?
We take sustainability very seriously – and we want to help you keep the environmental impact of your event as low as possible.
How you can make a valuable contribution!
- Use public transport wherever possible. The Austria Center Vienna is located right next to the Kaisermühlen/VIC U1 underground station, making it easy to reach by public transport.
- In today’s world of smartphones and tablets you should always look for electronic meeting documentation and try to avoid picking up unnecessary advertising materials and brochures.
- By choosing regional and organic products you not only do your body the power of good – you are also supporting the local economy.
- Savour the flavour of Austrian spring water – served in a glass.
- Choose reusable crockery and dispense with the need for disposal packaging.
- Keep your eyes peeled when it comes to separating rubbish – we supply different bins to make recycling even easier.
- Treat yourself to a short walk and some fresh air during break times. The Donaupark is just a stone’s throw away.
- Select a hotel within walking distance – it will save you time.
- Hand back your name badge sleeve when you leave – we can reuse it several times.
- And one final point: make sure that you tell other people just how easy it is to incorporate the green meetings approach into their every day lives.