Travelling by plane
Vienna is a major hub between East and West thanks to its location in the heart of Europe. Vienna International Airport offers 628 daily direct flights to 240 cities worldwide, and is renowned for its high quality service, short transfer intervals and excellent punctuality ratings.
Thanks to our partners at Vienna Airport, the conference experience starts with a personalised welcome message before the delegates even leave the baggage hall!
Austrian Airlines is Austria’s largest carrier. It operates a global network serving some 130 destinations worldwide. Austria's national carrier is part of the Lufthansa group, member of Star-Alliance and the leader in Central and Eastern Europe. Austrian Airlines provide tailor-made packages for large conferences and events. More on www.austrian.com/meetings
Our permanently installed Austrian Airlines check-in terminal for Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss and Brussels Airlines allows your delegates to check in on site and guarantee a stress-free last day of the congress.
Transfers to the city
There are a number of ways to travel into the city from Vienna International Airport. But we ask all of our visitors to think of the environment and use public transport wherever possible.
City Airport Train CAT
- 16 minutes to Landstrasse/Wien Mitte station
- Frequency: every 30 minutes
- Airport check-in at the Wien Mitte City
Rail S-bahn commuter railway (S7)
- 27 minutes to Landstrasse / Wien Mitte station
- Frequency: every 30 minutes during the
Bus: airport shuttle
- Direct service to the Austria Center Vienna: 30 minutes (stop: Wien Kaisermühlen-Kagran)
- City centre: 17–45 minutes (other stops: Schwedenplatz, Wien Westbahnhof, Rathaus, Schottentor, Volkstheater)
- Frequency: every 30-60 minutes during
- Bus transfer Vienna airport - Wien Erdberg (underground station U3) www.flixbus.com
The city has five different underground lines. The U1 will take you from Stephansplatz to Kaisermühlen VIC and the Austria Center Vienna is just a few minutes’ walk from the station.
The airport is located directly on the A4 motorway. It takes around 25 minutes to reach the Austria Center by taxi.
- 25 minutes to the Austria Center Vienna
- Price: around EUR 36