Getting around by public transport
Vienna has a fully integrated public transport network consisting of 5 underground lines, 28 tram routes and more than 100 bus routes.
- Frequent services: waits of just 3-5 minutes at peak times, rising to between 5 and a maximum of 15 minutes in the evenings.
- Operating times: 05.00-00.30, night service on weekends (Fri and Sat night and the nights before public holidays) 00.30-05.00
The fastest way to the Austria Center Vienna
- It takes just seven minutes to reach the Austria Center Vienna from Stephansplatz in the heart of the old town.
- Underground line U1 (red)
- U1 station Kaisermühlen, VIC
- Exit Schüttaustrasse
Plan your trip with the route finder of the Wiener Linien.
Plan your route here.
|Single ticket||EUR 2.20|
|24 hour ticket||EUR 7.60|
|72 hour ticket||EUR 16.50|
|Week ticket||EUR 16.20|
valid as at 07/2014)
Tickets can be purchased from the ticket machines in the underground stations and at Wiener Linien ticket offices.
Download tip: the quickest way from a to b
The AnachB route finder instantly finds the fastest way to get to your destination by public transport, car or bike, on foot or the best combination of all four – and not just within Vienna. The service also extends to the neighbouring Austrian provinces of Lower Austria and Burgenland.
AnachB is available as a free download for iPhone and Android. Download...