IBA 2015 The IBA Annual Conference
- 4.10.2015 - 9.10.2015
- Termin in meinen Kalender eintragen
The International Bar Association (IBA) Annual Conference is the premier conference for legal professionals worldwide to meet, share knowledge, network, build contacts and develop business. It also serves to advance the development of law and its role in business and society and to learn from the experience of the others.
The IBA’s first annual conference was held in 1947 and it has grown to become the world’s largest and most prestigious international gathering of lawyers each year attracting around 6,000 of the world’s leading legal practitioners.
Location and Rooms
- Floor -2: Hall D, G, K
- Floor 0: Hall E, F
- Floor 1: Hall L1 - L3, L6 - L8, M1, M2, N1, N2
- Floor 2: Hall ABC
Conference opening timetable
|Saturday 3 October||15.00 – 18.00||Registration|
|Sunday 4 October||10.00 – 18.00||Registration|
|Sunday 4 October||16.55 - 18.30||Opening Ceremony|
Please find the programme search here >>
Rule of Law Symposium
If you are not already registered for the IBA Annual Conference and would like to attend the Rule of Law Symposium on Friday 9 October, please complete the registration form on the link below by 12pm on Thursday 8 October https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ruleoflaw2015. If you do not receive confirmation of attendance by email then unfortunately your registration has not been accepted.
The IBA Annual Conference is open to both members and non-members of the IBA. The 2015 IBA Annual Conference will bring together nearly 6,000 lawyers from over 130 jurisdictions from all parts of the legal profession including those in private practice, in house counsel, human rights advocates, judges, bar leaders, regulators and government representatives. This unique mix of viewpoints provides a rich environment for discussion, debate and learning as well as the opportunity to develop lasting business relationships and lifelong friendships.
What to expect?
The 2015 IBA Annual Conference in Vienna will feature around 200 conference sessions. These vary widely in style and with the core substantive committee sessions at the heart of the conference programme covering most sectors and practice areas, the conference will provide the opportunity to focus on your own areas of interest.
Additionally there are sessions on a wide range of topics such as the challenges of law firm management and international relationships, ethics, the future of the legal profession, and the rule of law and human rights. You can hear from some of the leading thinkers in law today through a series of Showcase Sessions highlighting the role the legal profession plays in society.
The conference provides everything from the opportunity to learn from the world’s leading practitioners, to being part of the debate on the future of the law.
What will you get from attending?
- Up to date knowledge of the key developments in your area of law
- Access to the world’s best networking and business development event for lawyers
- Invaluable international connections with leading practitioners worldwide
- A greater knowledge of the role of law in society
- The opportunity to be at the centre of the global legal profession
- To be part of the debate on the future of the law
What will your business get out of you attending?
- Increased profile in the international legal world
- New contacts to develop your international practice
- Knowledge of the challenges and opportunities facing the legal profession globally
- Business intelligence on issues allowing you to pre-empt their impact and to exploit the opportunities they present
- The contacts, connections and prospects that flow from making the IBA part of your organisation’s outreach programme
The Social Programme
An important element of the IBA Annual Conference is the Social Programme which is designed to enable delegates to network. The programme begins on the evening of Sunday 4 October with theConference Opening Ceremony at the Austria Center followed, by the IBA Conference Welcome Party in the Konzerthaus Wien and finishes on Friday 9 October in spectacular style at the Closing Party held at the world famous Hofburg Palace, a gala evening of music and Viennese tradition. During the week there will be approximately 100 dinners, receptions and gatherings in some of the most sensational venues across the city.
More information and registration: http://www.ibanet.org/Conferences/Vienna2015.aspx